Preparing a Proposal
Here is a step-by-step guideline of how to prepare a proposal:
- Review the Request for Proposal (RFP) and determine whether Killeen meets the criteria for building, land, infrastructure, location, etc.
- If Killeen qualifies to submit a proposal, use the template located in the Public Folder / Economic Development Folder / Prospect Folder.
- The file name of the Proposal template is: RFP - Master Cover Letter for State Leads
- There is a file containing pertinent information that can be used in a proposal. The file name is located in the Public Folder / Economic Development Folder / Prospect Folder.
- The file name of the Responses is: Responses for Proposals – Listing. Just “cut and paste” the information needed.
- When the proposal has been completed, be sure to attach all necessary documentation, such as maps, demographic packet, community profile etc.
- Be sure to submit the proposal before the deadline. NOTE: Every lead will have different submission requirements. Be sure to follow the instructions and submit the correct number of hard copies and/or electronic copies to the designated individual (s).'
- The Governor’s Office often requests that proposals be a .pdf which can be created in Adobe Acrobat.'
- To file and track the status of the project, create a file number by going to the Public Folder / Noemi Folder / Central Filing System Folder / Master List.
- Assign the next available project number. The first four numbers represent the fiscal year and the last two digits equal the project number.
- Create a manila folder and keep all documentation in the folder and file the packet in the Central File in the lobby.